The introductory workshop focuses on the key issues which occur when dealing with export enquiries and orders, discussing subjects such as the benefits of export and differences from domestic business. It will demonstrate legal, financial and logistical obstacles and how to mitigate these risks as well as how to trade safely overseas.
This practical workshop is designed to help you refine your strategy and plans, and network with other businesses taking the same exporting journey as you. It will cover topics such as:
- Marketing your export proposition
- Overseas market research
- Main routes to market
- Protecting and exploiting IP
- Key and common elements in international contracts
- Pricing and costing for overseas markets
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programme*: Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd as The Department for International Trade’s regional delivery partner for London and South East England. This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund’s Export GE2, ASEAN and SEIBG projects.
To comply with ERDF funding requirements Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.