Trade Mission dates: 2 - 8 March 2019
Join this mission to Mexico which includes a multi-stop trip to Mexico City, Monterrey & Guadalajara to discover the wealth of opportunities in the Latin American market.
Mexico is one of Latin America’s most open economies and is the same size as the whole of Western Europe, with a population of almost 130 million. The country has seen continued growth in food purchase frequency, and the alcohol and soft drinks market is among the highest in the world in volume terms.
As part of this mission you will attend the ANTAD expo, which is the largest Expo in the the food industry. It attracts over 50,000 visitors annually with 88% from the Latin American region. Making this mission a must to connect with the Mexican & wider American market.
Attending this mission will give companies the chance to meet buyers from the key store groups, together with distributors and agents. Companies can also take advantage of this high-growth market and the fast growing middle class consumer sector in Mexico. Currently, there is a particular demand in Mexico for gourmet food & drink products, products that have a healthy & free-from focus and alcoholic beverages.
What are the benefits of attending?
• 1-2-1 meetings with buyers from Mexico City, Monterrey & Guadalajara
• B2B networking receptions Mexico City, Monterrey & Guadalajara
• Store visits in Mexico City
• Company showcasing opportunity
• Pre-mission briefing in London
• Support from an experienced DIT International Trade Adviser and from DIT Mexico City throughout
To hear more about this mission & opportunities in the Mexico market,
register here to listen in to this free webinar on 4 December at 15:30 UK time
2 - 8 March 2019
Mexico City, Monterrey & Guadalajara
£250 (exc VAT) per company.
7 nights’ accommodation, 5 day mission activity & in-market travel included and 2 days at the ANTAD Expo, Guadalajara. Additional costs for flights, meals and additional in-market activities to be covered by the companies.
11 January 19
Suitable for innovative and/or high growth food & drink small and medium-sized businesses based in the 32 boroughs of London & the City of London, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East & West Sussex.
Please note that all applications are subject to eligibility checks.
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programmes*: London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- Global Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in the 32 boroughs of London & the City of London.
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, and parts of East Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.