The National Mentoring Matters Conference 2024
Celebrating the power of mentoring and the positive impact on the UK small business community
For the second year running, the National Mentoring Matters Conference 2024 will celebrate the best of business mentoring by bringing together mentors, small business owners and business representatives to explore how mentoring can positively impact both the mentor and mentee. The theme for this year's conference is Mentoring to a Million: Setting the Standard, and it takes place on Thursday 14th March 2024 in Birmingham.
View last year's National Mentoring Matters Conference below
Why should you attend?
You will hear inspiring talks from a range of industry experts and active mentors on how mentoring has been beneficial for them, have the opportunity to meet and network with other business mentors from across the UK and walk away with new connections and renewed motivation to take your mentoring to the next level.
Who should attend?
- A mentor or someone considering becoming a mentor
- A mentee or small business owner looking for a mentor
- Someone interested in the topic of mentoring and how it can be scaled
- A business school delivering for the Help to Grow: Management Course
What are the benefits of attending?
- Learn about the opportunities for personal and professional development through mentoring
- Gain insight into how mentoring is positively impacting UK businesses
- Hear first-hand the opportunities available from the Help to Grow: Management Course
- Expand your connections by networking with like-minded business mentors
- Discover the training opportunities available through the Help to Grow: Management Course including subsidised access to an Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) qualification
Further details of the conference agenda and featured speakers will be disclosed in due course.
Where will the conference take place?
The 2024 National Mentoring Matters Conference will take place in Birmingham at the Symphony Hall, 8 Centenary Square, Birmingham, B1 2EA.
To secure your place for this free conference on Thursday 14th March, simply click the Register Here button at the top or bottom of this page. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis - an opportunity not to be missed!
Please note, arrival and networking starts from 09:00 with the conference content starting at 09:45. The conference will end at 12:30.
Have a question about the event? Email our team at email@example.com
What is the Help to Grow: Management Course?
Launched by the Government in August 2021, the Help to Grow: Management Course aims to get small business leaders to participate in a practical leadership training programme and receive one-to-one mentoring from an experienced volunteer business mentor.
A volunteer mentor can be anyone with a minimum of five years' experience working in a small business at a senior level or equivalent experience working closely with a small business. As a voluntary mentor, you commit 10 hours over 12 weeks to support businesses with their growth action plan. Benefits of being a mentor include:
- Boosting your own skills and career opportunities through industry recognised training
- Expand your professional network and meet like-minded business leaders
- Personal development opportunities including access to an Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) qualification up to Level 7
If you are not already a volunteer mentor, you can learn more and sign-up to the Help to Grow: Management Course here.
The National Mentoring Matters Conference is delivered by a partnership of Newable, Enterprise Nation and the Association of Business Mentors on behalf of the Department for Business and Trade as part of the Help to Grow: Management Course.