Mission dates: 14 - 17 July 2019
The Department for International Trade (DIT) London and South East invite food and drink companies to join a European Regional Development Fund trade mission to Singapore to discover the wealth of opportunities in the market.
There is growing evidence that the region of South East Asia is becoming more conscious of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and an increase in knowledge of and demand for natural and organic products can be seen. Singapore is ideally situated as a springboard into the rest of the South East Asian economies with a growing middle class eager to join this trend.
The Speciality Fine Food Asia Show is one of the leading food and drink events in this region with over 3000 trade buyers attending in 2018 from over 37 countries, making this trade mission an exciting opportunity to connect with the whole of the South East Asian region and beyond.
What are the benefits of attending?
- In-market briefing and opportunity to participate in retail tour in Singapore
- Product showcasing event and networking reception hosted by the British High Commission in Singapore
- Pre-mission briefing in London to prepare for the visit
- One-to-one support from an experienced DIT International Trade Adviser.
Please note, places are limited to one delegate per company.
14 July - Arrive in Singapore
15 July - In-market briefing and retail tour
16 July - Visit to Singaporean e-Commerce platform and networking reception
17 July - Visit the first day of Speciality Fine Food Asia trade show and open departure
£250 (exc VAT) per company.
3 nights’ accommodation and 3 day mission activity included. Additional costs for flights, meals and additional in-market activities to be covered by the companies.
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programme*: Greater London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- Global Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in based in the 32 boroughs of London & the City of London
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.