What the event is about:
There are a number of reasons to choose Japan as an export destination, with great opportunities for British businesses. This free, full-day interactive workshop will provide you with all the practical tools and expert advice you will need to help your business export to Japan.
Gain a greater understanding on how to prepare on a practical level for various scenarios to increase sales, growth and stability.
Did you know: Japan is the world’s third largest economy and a huge and expanding market for UK businesses.
British companies are succeeding across a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, consumer goods, hi-tech and services.
The time is right to introduce your business to this competitive market. Let the experts guide and support you and finding out how you can benefit from the opportunities on offer.
Book Early: The event is free so get in early and register for this action-packed day of exciting talks and discussion with our panel of industry led experts.
Why attend? If you are looking to embrace new global opportunities in the Japanese market, come and join us to find out more about:
- Business etiquette and developing business relationships in Japan
- How to understand your sector / business opportunities in Japan
- Cultural, communication & design differences amongst Japanese audiences
- How to protect your Intellectual Property in China
- Digital landscape and E-Commerce
- How finance can unlock your potential overseas
- Legal and tax issues in the Japanese market
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programme*: Greater London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- Global Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in based in the 32 boroughs of London & the City of London
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.