*Click 'Apply here' to start your application - places are limited*
A world of opportunities at your doorstep
Following the highly successful June 2019 event, Going Global in a Day is back due to popular demand!
The Department for International Trade invites you to meet with experts from UK’s biggest export markets. At Going Global, your business can book private 20-minute meetings with over 25 countries in just one day.
This event is designed to give UK businesses invaluable market insights on their products and services and open doors in new export destinations. You will be able to select, meet with and showcase your business to experts for bespoke 1-2-1 advice to help your business explore its global potential.
Watch highlights from Going Global, June 2019 in this video:
Meet 1-2-1 with in-market experts from*:
- Americas: Canada, USA, Mexico and Argentina
- Asia-Pacific: South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand
- Asia: China and India
- Middle East: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Qatar
- Europe and Central Asia: Germany, Czech Republic, Norway, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Turkey
"Unless you are in the same room with people who know the market, you will be lost. I would highly recommend this event for any small businesses out there"
Edward, June 2019
Why attend Going Global?
- Pre-book 20 minute 1-2-1 appointments
- Meet with the market experts of your choice
- Receive bespoke advice and get your exporting questions answered
- Showcase your products and services with an online profile before the event
- Attend FREE seminars on exporting, getting Brexit ready and more
- Receive practical exporting advice from International Trade experts
- Network with like-minded business owners
"Going Global connected us to people in markets who can and want to help us"
Kevin, June 2019
Dates: Tuesday, 15 October or Wednesday 16, October
You can select the date on your application form
Please note places are strictly limited to two delegates per company and filling fast. This is an application-based event and eligibility criteria applies (below).
Click 'apply now' to submit your application. Remember, these market experts are flying to the UK for 3 days only - do not miss this exclusive opportunity,
This event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programmes*: London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- Global Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in the 32 boroughs of London & the City of London.
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, and parts of East Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
*Markets subject to change
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.
Video and/or photographs notice
Please note this event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates.
By attending this event, you agree to permit Newable Limited and the event organisers and/or partners listed above, or any third party licensed by Newable Limited, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including the internet and social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs.
Please inform the event organisers and the videographer/photographer on the event day if you do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.