Innovate UK is organising a Global Business Innovation Programme with India for the Smart cities Sector to introduce some of the most innovative British businesses to this growing market.
This is a fully-funded programme, consisting of a preparation phase in the UK, a 5-day visit to India and subsequent follow- up support, that will help your business develop relationships with partners in the region.
Cities are a major market opportunity for the UK in India in large part thanks to the “100
Smart Cities” challenge that Prime Minister Narendra Modi set in 2015. The vision is bold and far reaching especially for a nation whose large urban areas struggle with maintaining 24/7 power, clean and readily available water and proper sanitation.
Smart for India means technology that helps facilitate a better quality of life for its millions of citizens through delivery of essential services whilst planning for a new urban future.
Benefits of the Programme
- Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in doing business in India
- Find potential partners and investors
- Get introduced to potential collaborators looking to run pilot projects in India or in third markets.
- Discover fresh ideas from international thought leaders
- Boost your profile in the UK and overseas
- Grow your business
£500 deposit (incl. VAT), fully refundable to participating delegates. Please note non-attendance after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting all or part of this deposit. No deposit is required at the time of your application. You will be sent a link to pay your deposit in order to confirm your place once you have been formally accepted on the programme.
Who should attend?
UK registered, small and medium-sized enterprises operating in one of the following areas:
- Urban Planning, City Operations and Finance, City Engagement
- Water, Waste, Mobility, Transport and Geographic Assessability, ICT Connectivity, Energy, Real estate, Education, Health, Community, and Recreational
- Urban Business environment, Private sector investment, Development of a Competitive economy, Jobs for migrants
- Public safety and security, Health Provision, Land/water protection and rehabilitation
How to apply
Applications will open soon. To register your interest and be informed when registrations are opened, please email email@example.com
Enterprise Europe Network at Newable Events team