Innovate UK is organising a Global Business Innovation Programme with India for the Future Cities Sector to introduce innovative British businesses to this growing market.
This fully-funded programme consists of a preparation phase in the UK, a 5-day visit to Indore and Bangalore and subsequent follow-up support that will help your business develop innovation projects with partners in the region.
Discover what's in store by watching the highlights from our Global Business Innovation Programme to India in April 2019 - Creative and Media sector:
Over the next 30 years, some 400 million people are expected to move into towns and cities in India.
This presents major challenges and opportunities which are captured in part by the Government of India’s ‘100 Smart Cities’ programme. The vision is bold and far reaching especially for a nation whose large urban areas struggle with maintaining 24/7 power, clean and readily available water, and proper sanitation.
In recent years, the UK has built a strong relationship with India around Future Cities, including an entrepreneur mission, project by the Future Cities (now Connected Places) Catapult, a Newton Fund project looking at a systemic approach to improving air quality in Bangalore, and more. The UK has also made a commitment to supporting India’s 100 Smart Cities programme, specifically including support to the work in Indore.
The programme will include a visit to Indore, India’s cleanest city, part of the state of Madhya Pradesh, a region actively looking for smart city solutions and currently running projects focussing on urbanising areas in and around its main cities.
Benefits of the Programme
- Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in doing business in India
- Meet with businesses, innovation hubs, academic institutions and other key stakeholders to gain market knowledge and industry insights
- Get introduced to potential collaborators looking to run pilot projects in India or in third markets.
- Attend a 5-day visit (excluding travel days) in Indore and Bangalore with fully-funded flights, accommodation and in-market activities
Access Structured Support
Companies will work with a designated advisor thoughout a structured programme encompassing three main phases:
- Getting ready for the market: Pre-visit and in-country briefings providing market information, advice on how to do business in India and training on how to improve your pitch, articulate your value proposition and how to protect your IP.
- Visiting the market: Exclusive access to the Indian market and the opportunity to meet key companies and research organisations. Targeted, pre-arranged meetings at organised matchmaking events.
- Exploiting the opportunity: Utilising a tailored Innovate to Succeed approach, comprising one to one support from a specialist Innovation advisor to follow up and take advantage of the opportunities identified.
£500 deposit (excl. VAT), fully refundable to participating delegates. Please note non-attendance after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting all or part of this deposit. No deposit is required at the time of your application. You will be sent a link to pay your deposit in order to confirm your place once you have been formally accepted on the programme.
Who should attend?
UK registered, small and medium-sized enterprises that help build sustainable and resilient cities which enhance quality of life, and which are operating in one of the following areas:
- City management and operations systems (including urban planning and city system integration solutions)
- Smart infrastructure (such as water, waste, energy, and mobility for instance)
- Enriched urban environments (recreation, community, education, green/blue resources rehabilitation and enhancement, urban health solutions, public safety and security, air quality and other pollution management)
Visit dates: 10-14 February 2020 (excluding travel)
Deadline for applications: 8 December 2019
Pre-visit Briefing: w/c 13 January 2020
How to apply
Applications will open soon.
To register your interest and be informed when applications are opened, please email email@example.com
Enterprise Europe Network at Newable events team:
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd (https://www.newable.co.uk) on behal of Innovate UK in partnership with Enterprise Europe Network for England, Northern Ireland and Wales (https://www.enterprise-europe.co.uk).
This event is funded by Innovate UK (www.gov.uk/innovate-uk). As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with Innovate UK's funding requirements, Newable and Enterprise Europe Network for England, Northern Ireland and Wales’ delivery partners collect and store your registration data for auditing and project evaluation purposes. Newable will retain your records for no longer than is necessary, and in accordance with our privacy notice.
You can see Enterprise Europe Network for England, Northern Ireland and Wales’ Terms and Conditions here.
Video and/or photographs notice
Please note this event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates.
By attending this event, you agree to permit Newable Limited and the event organisers and/or partners listed above, or any third party licensed by Newable Limited, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including the internet and social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs.
Please inform the event organisers and the videographer/photographer on the event day if you do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.