Receive expert advice to manage your business debt and understand the relief options available during COVID-19.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has rapidly sent many SMEs into survival mode as millions are worried about their finances following the sudden 'income shock' caused by the pandemic.
With the UK economy about 25% smaller at the end of April in comparison to the end of February, it is important to be proactive in managing your debts and understand how you can help your business recover.
Why should you attend?
This free webinar will provide an overview of the debt relief and debt adjustment options available for UK SMEs affected by COVID-19. Our panel of expert speakers will explain why you need to be proactive in managing debts, how you can manage & restructure effectively and how to make informed decisions for your future should you be unable to repay your debts.
All attendees will recieve a debt repayment plan template, debt management factsheet and handouts with key contacts for further support. You will walk away with the confidence to help restructure effectively and understanding of the critical resources available to help.
What will you learn?
- How to manage and restructure your debt effectively
- The different legal statuses of business: non-incorporated vs incorporated
- What sole trader debt management/relief options are available (including IVAs. DROs and DIY bankruptcy)
- What incorporated debt management/relief options are available (including CVA, Admin/Prepack and Insolvency)
- An overview of the Corporate Insolvency & Governance Bill 2020
- Tactics when negotiating debt adjustments
- What information creditors are looking for
Harold Sorsky FCA, FAIA, FABRP
Who is this event for?
This webinar is best suited for SMEs, including those:
- Impacted by COVID-19 who are indebted and need to restructure their debt profile
- Considering making staff redundant but are not capitalised to do so
- Who have not applied for a Business Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) or Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans Scheme (CBILS)
- In sectors facing high fixed costs, bottom-heavy balance sheets and those that have ceased trading throughout COVID-19 (such as hospitality, leisure, travel and retail)
- Firms looking to restructure their debts or facing insolvency, sole traders who are considering bankruptcy if self-employed
Once you apply to attend the webinar, you will be asked to complete a registration form and meet the following criteria:
- Be based in London (registered in or have a trading address/office)
- Meet the SMEs criteria (maximum 250 employees & £50m turnover)
- Trading for a minimum of 6 months
To secure your place for 03 September Debt Management, simply click the Express Interest Here button on the top of this page.
This webinar is FREE to attend. Due to high demand for limited places, we strongly encourage you to express your interest as soon as possible.
Have a question about the event? Email our team at email@example.com
Really clear and extremely helpful - many thanks indeed"
- Webinar Attendee, Get Finance: Innovation Grants Explained
About the Small Business Resilience Series
Delivered by Newable and supported by J.P. Morgan
This free webinar series is designed to support London-based SMEs in adapting or sustaining their business through the coronavirus (COVID-19) economic crisis and beyond.
Join us to hear the latest advice from expert speakers across various topics such as Business Strategy, Social Media, and Debt Management to help build your business resilience and access the right support.
Click here to view all upcoming webinars.