Winning and Delivering Business Internationally
About This Event
Build an effective strategy to kick-start your export success with step-by-step guidance from international trade experts
Why should you join this virtual master class?
Challenging you to think through your exporting journey, this two-day virtual event will explore the benefits of exporting, helping you build or refine your strategy and combat the issues associated with the transition into new markets.
As you venture into overseas markets, you want to ensure that your business is:
Hear expert insight on the legal, financial and logistical obstacles associated with exporting and how to mitigate these risks and trade safely overseas. Learn how to develop your business model and connect with like-minded South East businesses on the same exporting journey as you.
What will you learn?
This event will challenge your ideas and encourage your strategic thinking to expand. You will explore:
- What you can get out of exporting - it might be more than you think!
- What you are selling - is it the same as in the UK? Does it excite your overseas customers? How do you promote what you have? How have you protected it? How have you set your pricing?
- Where best to trade - which countries can give you the best return for your efforts? How can you best research and find them?
- What resources will you need - how can you deliver effectively even with limited resources?
- Your best route to market - how can you cost-effectively get into a market? How do you provide a great customer experience? How do you make a strong profit and control costs?
- How to best work with partners - agents, distributors, strategic partners; which do you choose and why? What type of agreements will you have in place?
When will this virtual event take place?
This virtual master class will take place across two half-days. You must be available to attend both sessions:
- Tuesday, 26th January 2021 | 10:00 -13:30
- Wednesday, 27th January 2021 | 13:00 - 16:30
Who is this event for?
This event is designed for new exporters and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund*. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your businesses eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition
- Be based in the South East of England
- Be registered in the UK
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years
- Have an annual turnover of more than £500,000 or, if lower, have already signed up to the Department for International Trade’s Intensive Trade Support Programme (ITSP)
To secure your place for this free virtual event, simply click the Apply here button on the top of this page.
Please note, only 40 places are available and the above eligibility criteria applies.
Places are limited to one delegate per business and businesses must be available to attend both half-day sessions - we highly recommend applying quickly to secure your spot.
Important: If your application is approved, you will be requested to sign an electronic application form to secure your place for this subsidised event.
Have a question about the virtual event? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much it was a very helpful webinar, it really gave me a new point of view on international trade and I was able to get very useful advice."
- Webinar Attendee | Winning and Delivering Business Internationally, October 2020
*This programme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)’s South East Gateway to Trade Project and is aimed at Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) based in the South East of England.