Pitchfest East of England
About This Event
Supporting innovative UK SMEs to develop
their investment proposition and get investment ready.
What is Pitchfest?
Pitchfest is brought to you by Innovate UK Edge, which provides business growth and scaling support at the UK’s innovation agency. It is designed to help the most ambitious and innovative SMEs in the UK become investment ready, hone their pitching skills and help raise funds.
If you have an innovative offering to pitch to investors and your product or service has an international market - Pitchfest is for you!
Pitchfest is a fully funded offering providing access to highly experienced innovation and growth specialists for one-to-one ongoing support on your investment journey, and for you to have access to pitch training experts to refine your pitch and value proposition. This bespoke offering gives you the opportunity to receive constructive feedback from a panel of real investors and to be introduced to active investor networks (where there is a good match).
The East of England edition of Pitchfest is the second in a series taking place across the UK. It will allow 15 ambitious SMEs based in the region to accelerate progress and scale their business.
What does Pitchfest include?
- Two days of comprehensive pitch training
- Access to leading pitch and investment experts
- Bespoke support from a dedicated innovation and growth specialist
- An opportunity to build a clear, compelling and credible investment proposition
- Introductions to active investor networks in your region and across the UK
- Supercharging your elevator pitch and building a persuasive investor pitch
- Constructive no-risk feedback from a panel of real investors
How does it work?
Applications: January 2021
Please submit your applications by Friday, 15 January 2021 at 12pm. You will be notified about the outcome of your application by Tuesday, 19 January 2021.
Up to 15 SME applicants will be selected to join Pitchfest.
Phase 1: 2 February - 16 March 2021
Attend four key training and pitching events over the first three months.
1. Preparation Meeting (virtual)
Once successfully accepted onto Pitchfest at the end of the competitive selection process, you will be allocated an innovation and growth specialist. The preparation meeting is a chance to provide key information to your regional Pitchfest Champion and to your bespoke innovation and growth specialist. You will discuss the stages of your investment journey so far and establish your goals through a thorough diagnostic process.
The aim of your regional Pitchfest Champion will be to provide expert knowledge on the investors and support your investment journey.
2. Pitch Training Day 1 (virtual)
Tuesday, 16 February 2021, full-day
Get an insider's look at what investors are looking for, develop your value proposition, 1-minute elevator pitch and slide deck, boost your presentation skills and find out how to manage investor Q&As. You will need to allocate time to prepare a pitch deck for training day 2.
3. Pitch Training Day 2 & Peer-to-Peer Pitching (virtual)
Tuesday, 2 March 2021, full-day
After two weeks of fine-tuning, deliver a 5-minute pitch for peer-to-peer and trainer feedback. Discover your ideal investor profile, investment legals, how to build your relationships with an investor, negotiate your valuation, structure deals and fundraise efficiently. Before the Investor Session, you will work with your Pitchfest Champion and innovation & growth specialist to strengthen your pitch.
4. Investor Session (virtual)
Tuesday, 16 March 2021, full-day
Pitch for 5 minutes to a panel of real angel investors and VCs with a Q&A session and constructive feedback.
Phase 2: After 16 March 2021
Receive ongoing bespoke support
Innovation and Growth Specialist Support
Your innovation and growth specialist will support you with your ongoing funding and finance journey, helping you to fully leverage your completed Pitchfest training. Depending on your stage they can help by for example developing a realistic finance strategy to achieve innovation goals and growth ambitions. Outside of finance and funding and depending on your needs, they can provide a host of related support tailored for innovative businesses, ranging from access to technical know-how to exploiting IP and entering new markets.
Meet our Pitchfest Experts:
Ian will lead the delivery of two intensive virtual pitch training days:
Who is Pitchfest best-suited for?
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Companies based in the East of England
- SMEs with innovative products or services interested in internationalisation
- UK registered high-growth companies looking to scale-up and raise investment
- Companies seeking to raise circa £500k+ of investment*
- Suitable for Angel/VC finance
- Minimum of £100k in economic activity (turnover, sales pipeline, route to market secured)
*If you are seeking to raise less, please make a case when describing your investment plan
How can you apply?
To submit your application, please click the 'Apply here' at the top or bottom of this page and complete the required application form - this will take approximately 15 minutes.
The application deadline is Friday, 15 January 2021 at 12pm.
- This is a competitive selection process. All applications will be reviewed and assessed by a panel of experts.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Tuesday, 19 January 2021.
- All stages of Pitchfest - Phase 1 are mandatory to attend. You must be available to attend all four dates listed in the 'Phase 1' section above to be accepted onto this offering.
- Only one representative per company can attend the training days.
- The company representative who will attend the mandatory training sessions and meetings with the allocated innovation and growth specialist will have the opportunity to participate in the Investor Session.
If you are ready to take your investment pitch to the next level
to raise funds and accelerate growth, apply today!
Have a question about Pitchfest?
We are happy to help. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.