Introduction to Selling Overseas
About This Event
Start the conversation within your business to discover how you can move into a global marketplace.
Why should you join this virtual event?
Is your business looking to expand internationally, but not quite sure where to start? Explore the wider commercial implications of international trade for your business and learn about the global trade environment, practicalities and terminology used.
This comprehensive virtual workshop from London Business Hub will give those new to international trade a clear insight into how to get started. Our expert speaker will cover the best procedures, best practice and the essential terms you will need to meet to help take your business to an international scale.
You will leave this workshop knowing:
- What is international trade and why it can benefit your business
- How to develop your company’s strategic export plan taking into account the key principles and processes of exporting
- How to select appropriate target markets, research them and develop an entry strategy
- The route to market options available for establishing a suitable local presence in your target markets, including e-commerce, agents and distributors
- An insight into how to promote and sell your products and services abroad, how to fulfil orders and the importance of having a clear communications strategy
- Where to find support
When will the virtual event take place?
This virtual event will run on Thursday 27 May 2021, 10:00 - 16:30.
Who is this event for?
If you are a London-based small and medium-sized enterprise (SME), or an entrepreneur considering selling overseas, this virtual event is for you. This is an introduction course aimed at businesses who are thinking to or have just started trading internationally.
This London Business Hub virtual event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF) Hub & Spoke Project; as a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility for the event.
- Be based in London
- Be registered in the UK
- Meets the SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) criteria according to the European SME definition
- Is not "Undertaking in Difficulty" as of 31 December 2019. Please see the definition here
- Has not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years
To secure your place for this free virtual event, simply click the Apply here button on the top of this page.
Please note, only 30 places are available and the above eligibility criteria applies.
Places are limited to one delegate per company - we highly recommend applying quickly to secure your spot.
Important: If your application is approved, you will be requested to sign an electronic application form to secure your place for this subsidised event.
Have a question about the webinar? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful information for me as an SME, this is all going to put me in a very good position. It's really high-value info not widely spoken of online."
- Branding for SMEs
Webinar Feedback, November 2020
About the COVID-19 Business Help Series
At London Business Hub, we’re here to support you through COVID-19. Our webinar series offers the latest business advice from expert speakers, carefully designed to answer your questions and help London’s small businesses navigate crucial challenges. No matter what stage your business is at.
As part of the essential resources we have brought together to help and support London businesses and employees, you can keep up to date with the latest developments, information, and support here.
Click here to view all upcoming COVID-19 Business Help Series webinars.