Doing Business in the EU: The New Landscape
About This Event
Get an in-depth understanding of the new way of doing business with EU countries.
Why should you join this virtual event?
Now that the UK has left the EU, many businesses of all sizes and across all sectors will experience changes to how they can trade and operate.
This interactive event will help ensure your UK business is ready following the end of the EU transition period. With many SMEs already facing pressure from the impacts of COVID-19, this free event will cover tactics to minimise further disruption and take advantage of new opportunities as a result of the UK leaving the EU.
Our experts will give in-depth overviews of the impact of the new trade agreement on HR & Employment, GDPR, Intellectual Property Protection and Trade, including Import, Export, VAT and Tax.
Apply today for this comprehensive virtual workshop to understand the new way of doing business and gain the tools to adapt.
What will you learn?
- Hear the latest updates and guidance from our expert speakers
- Learn about the new HR, visa and employment regulations
- Discover how leaving the EU affects your GDPR and data sharing
- Learn how to secure your IP
- Find out how your business practices may need to change
- Gain insights on what changes you will need to make when trading with the EU
- Address pain points with speaker Q&A
When will this virtual event take place?
This virtual event will take place across two half-days:
- Tuesday, 18 May 2021 | 10:00 -13:30
- Wednesday, 19 May 2021 | 13:00 - 16:30
Who is this event for?
This event is for UK businesses looking to learn more about doing business in the new EU landscape.
This event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund*. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your businesses eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition
- Be based in the South East of England
- Be registered in the UK
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years
To secure your place for this free virtual event, simply click the Apply here button on the top of this page.
Please note, only 40 places are available and the above eligibility criteria applies.
Places are limited to one delegate per business and they must be available to attend both half-day sessions. We highly recommend applying quickly to secure your spot.
Important: If your application is approved, you will be requested to sign an electronic application form to secure your place for this subsidised event.
Have a question about the virtual event? Email our team at email@example.com
The webinar was really well planned and insightful, and easy to engage even though it was online."
- Webinar Attendee | Financial Planning for SMEs, December 2020
The Export Support Series is a programme of virtual events designed to help UK businesses break into new markets, achieve export success and navigate business challenges.
The Department for International Trade is pleased to invite South East of England based businesses to apply for the comprehensive free programme.
View all South East events at go.newable.co.uk/tradeeventssoutheast
*This programme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)’s South East Gateway to Trade Project and is aimed at Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) based in the South East of England.