Stage 3 - Accessing Key Expertise: Technical, Grants & IP
About This Event
Are you looking to access technical expertise, intellectual property or grants to drive your product or service innovation?
Many businesses lack the in-house technical expertise that is needed to take the next crucial step with their innovation. For many, it is becoming more difficult to recruit or engage the talent needed due to the lack of funds or knowledge available - this virtual event is here to help.
Innovate UK EDGE has launched an Innovation Journey Webinar Series, designed to offer in-depth guidance to help fast-track your business through the six stages of innovation. From idea generation, concept development, go-to-market strategies, to driving business growth and sales.
Why should you attend?
The 3rd stage of our Innovation Series, Accessing Key Expertise, is designed to provide your business with step-by-step guidance on accessing technical and management expertise from universities. Join us to find out how to access the finance and funding needed to recruit and retain expertise in the market and add long-term value to your asset base with IP rights.
Our expert speakers will delve into important schemes that can provide support to improve your success and maximise benefits, including:
- The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), and
- Management Knowledge Transfer (mKTO) schemes.
What will this virtual event cover?
- Find out how to access technical and management expertise from Universities and other knowledge bases
- Discover what grants are available and how to create applications for grant funding for your innovative products or services
- Understand how to identify and leverage different types of IP for your business
- Explore ways to bring your proposals through the research & development and market readiness phases
- Gain a network of university contacts who can help you engage with useful programmes and courses
- Address your pain points with live Q&A with our innovation experts
Who is this event for?
Are you an innovative London business? If you are looking to stabilise or develop your business during the pandemic and are planning business growth in the improving conditions in a post-COVID-19 world - this event is for you!
- Companies must be based in London
- Be registered in the UK
- Small-medium business (can have up to 500 employees)
- Have an innovation-led product or service to offer
Places will be allocated based on those businesses most aligned with this suitability criteria, or on a first come-first serve basis.
To secure your place for Tuesday, 11 May 2021 simply click the Express Interest Here button at the end of this page.
Only 40 places are available for this virtual event and it is FREE to attend.
Places are limited to 2 delegates per company.
Your application will be assessed based on the suitability criteria above.
Due to high demand, our application process is highly selective. We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Innovation Journey Series?
The innovation journey covers six stages from Design Thinking to Sales Strategies. If you would like to attend another stage of the Innovation Journey, please view the event pages and register your interest:
Stage 1: Design Thinking Unpacked: Getting Started - Tuesday, 13 April 2021
Stage 2: Developing Your Concept: Roadmap to Success - Tuesday, 27 April 2021
Stage 3: Accessing Key Expertise: Technical, Grants & IP - Tuesday, 11 May 2021
Stage 5: Deliver Effective Marketing: Grow Your Brand - Tuesday, 15 June 2021
Stage 6: Develop an Impactful Sales Strategy - Tuesday, 29 June 2021
Have a question about the event? Email our team at email@example.com
It exceeded my expectations of the event. There was a lot of good content, which was thought provoking and a learnt a lot about what I need to do next to succeed."
Webinar Attendee | Evolve Your Business Model in Time of Change - Driving SME Success Series, October 2020