This masterclass will provide a clear understanding of core Intellectual Property Rights for your International Business and how to use them globally.
All businesses have Intellectual Property. They need to recognise it and decide how to exploit and protect it. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) is an integral part of all international trade strategies, they bring great value to your negotiations and greatly enhance revenue.
This practical workshop will be supported with real life case studies – where it worked and where it didn’t. You will leave with a guide to identify IPR within your business and how to prepare this for international trade.
Proposed topics to be covered:
- Digital Content
- Design Rights
- Internet Domain Names Uniform
- Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP)
- International Registration Systems
- Strategic Management of Intellectual Property
- Monetising your Intellectual Property
Cost: £50 (exc. VAT)
Places are limited to two delegates per company and must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months. You must be looking to increase your overseas market access. Delegates should be exporters or those new to exporting and is not suitable for agencies or intermediaries for example: translation agencies, web developers/agencies, international business development agencies etc.
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programme*: Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.