Working with overseas agents and distributors can be a great way to build profitable, sustainable and scalable international business. But finding, selecting and managing international partners, including agents or distributors, offers a series of challenges.
Getting it right will profoundly affect your future success.
This masterclass will benefit delegates that want to improve the performance of their business in this area and the performance of their overseas partners.
The masterclass is led by a highly experienced practitioner. The format is interactive and enjoyable, practical and hands-on. You will work through the real life challenges and issues faced by SMEs, learn from the mistakes they have made and steps they take to optimise their approach. You will take away a complete toolkit to help you implement changes to your approach and maximise profit through effective profiling, identification and management of overseas agents and distributors. Post workshop access to online material allows you to revisit issues or bring colleagues up to speed.
What you will learn:
- How to approach the partner selection process;
- How to pitch to potential partners and establish a written profile of requirements;
- A practical approach to key contractual issues
- Strategies for building/strengthening relationships with overseas partners.
Please note that places are limited to two delegates per company.
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition,
- Be based in one of the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programme*: Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*,
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Projects;
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Ltd in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.