Innovate UK EDGE Pitchfest - Northern Ireland
About This Event
Supporting innovative small to medium sized businesses to hone their investment propositions and pitching skills.
What is Innovate UK EDGE Pitchfest?
Pitchfest is brought to you by Innovate UK EDGE, which provides business growth and scaling support at the UK’s innovation agency. It is designed to support innovative and ambitious UK small to medium sized businesses to get investment ready and develop their investor pitch in order to help raise finance.
If you have an innovative offering to pitch to investors and your product or service has an international market - Pitchfest is for you!
Pitchfest is a funded offering providing access to highly experienced innovation and growth specialists for ongoing one-to-one support along your investment journey, and for you to have access to pitch training experts to refine your pitch and value proposition.
This bespoke offering gives you the opportunity to receive constructive feedback from a panel of investors and to understand how to find active investor networks (where there is a good match).
The Northern Ireland edition of Pitchfest is the sixth in a series taking place across the UK. It will allow 15 ambitious SMEs based in the region to accelerate progress and scale their business.
What does Pitchfest include?
- Two-days of comprehensive pitch training
- Access to leading pitch and investment experts
- Bespoke support from a dedicated innovation and growth specialist
- An opportunity to build a clear, compelling and credible investment proposition
- Supercharge your elevator pitch and build a persuasive investor pitch
- Understand how to find investors in your region and across the UK
- Gain experience by testing your pitch in front of real investors and receive constructive no-risk feedback
How does it work?
Applications: November 2021
Please submit your applications by Tuesday, 30 November 2021. You will be notified about the outcome of your application by Tuesday, 7 December 2021.
Up to 15 small to medium-sized business applicants will be selected to join Innovate UK EDGE Pitchfest.
Phase 1: 3 February - 16 March 2022
Attend 5 key training and pitching events over the first 3 months.
1. Preparation Meeting (virtual, 1 hour)
2. Group 'Get to Know You' Meeting (virtual, 2 hours)
Thursday, 3 February 2022
2. Pitch Training Day 1 (virtual, full day)
Thursday, 17 February 2022
3. Pitch Training Day 2 & Peer-to-Peer Pitching (virtual, full day)
Thursday, 3 March 2022
4. Investor Session (virtual, 20 mins)
Wednesday, 16 March 2022
Phase 2: After 16 March 2022
Receive ongoing bespoke support
Innovation and Growth Specialist Support
Meet our Pitchfest Experts:
Ian will lead the delivery of two intensive virtual pitch training days:
Who is Pitchfest best-suited for?
- Small and Medium-sized businesses
- Companies based in Northern Ireland
- Small to medium sized businesses with innovative products or services interested in internationalisation
- UK registered high-growth companies looking to scale-up and raise investment
- Companies seeking to raise circa £500k+ of investment (over the next 24 months)*
- Companies suitable for Angel/VC finance
- Businesses will need to be looking to test their pitch to investors
- Minimum of £100k in economic activity (turnover, sales pipeline, route to market secured)
*If you are seeking to raise less, please make a case when describing your investment plan.
How can you apply?
To submit your application, please click the 'Apply here' button at the top or bottom of this page. This will take you to the Innovate UK EDGE Pitchfest landing page, please find the Northern Ireland region and complete the required application form - this will take approximately 20 minutes and needs to be completed in one single session.
The application deadline is Tuesday, 30 November 2021.
- This is a competitive selection process. All applications will be reviewed and assessed by a panel of experts.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Tuesday, 7 December 2021.
- All stages of Pitchfest - Phase 1 are mandatory to attend. You must be available to attend all five dates listed in the 'Phase 1' section above to be accepted onto this offering.
- Only one representative per company can attend the training days.
- The company representative who will attend the mandatory training sessions and meetings with the allocated innovation and growth specialist will have the opportunity to participate in the Investor Session.
If you are ready to take your investment pitch to the next level
to raise funds and accelerate growth, apply today!
Have a question about Pitchfest?
We are happy to help. Email our team at email@example.com