Exporting Unpacked: Embrace New Global Opportunities
About This Event
Are you ready to reach international markets
Designed to help women entrepreneurs unleash their full potential, our Breaking Barriers Series brings together industry experts and female leaders to help your business get inspired, break-through roadblocks and supercharge growth.
Why should you attend?
Challenging you to think through your exporting journey, this valuable event will explore the benefits of exporting, helping you to build or refine your strategy and combat the issues associated with the transition into new markets.
Newable's Breaking Barriers series, part of the Fuelling Ambition Programme, in partnership with Innovate UK EDGE and with support from JPMorgan Chase, have designed this event to help women entrepreneurs gain the confidence and skills to identify future opportunities and barriers when selling, promoting and finding the right resources through international partners.
What can you get out of exporting? It might be more than you think. Join us as we share first-hand insights into the stages of exporting, how you can find the main routes to market and ensuring you effectively market your export proposition and communications.
Prepare to learn which countries can give you the best return for your efforts, uncover the benefits of international trade and explore how these can be applied in practical steps.
Julie is an experienced trainer and marketer who has facilitated export focused workshops in the UK and around the world for many years. She is passionate about working with people and organisations to help them identify and reach their goals.
She has worked in-house and as a consultant and has lived and worked in Tokyo for 18 months working as a worldwide co-ordinator, managing relations between the Japanese subsidiary and the rest of the world for Alere, a pharma diagnostics business. Runs her own online business and continues to work with JH Market Strategy Ltd, delivering courses in international market entry strategy and research for the Department for International Trade.
Brian started working in exporting 40 years ago, in a Middle East focused marketing role. Over a 28-year period he managed marketing and commercial teams across Europe and the Middle East; ran international Product Development; sourced products in China and had P+L responsibility for a £200M turnover business unit.
Brian enjoys working with people with different backgrounds and points of view. Twelve years ago he began advising firms on exporting, working with the Department for International Trade.
Nghia Tran is an Innovation Export Specialist for Innovate UK Edge, London Region. Previously she worked for 6 years as an International Trade Adviser for the Department for International Trade (DIT). At DIT, Nghia provided one-to-one help and advice to companies to promote British trade across the world. She helped companies at different stages of their export journeys: market identification, routes to markets, access to funds, access to finance, export opportunities, export related masterclasses and trainings, etc.
Steve is an Innovation Export Specialist who recently worked for a number of years as a DIT International Trade Adviser.
He spent most of his career as an International Export Manager, and worked in the Automotive sector for 15 years with brands such as Jaguar Land Rover and Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge. His key responsibilities were the appointment and development of Dealers, overseeing new model launches, and administering CRM, CSI and Training programmes.
Other Export Manager positions include appointing and supporting Agents and Distributors worldwide in the Healthcare and Wines & Spirits sectors.
Having lived and worked overseas, with responsibilities throughout the Caribbean & Latin America, the Middle East, Australasia and North America, Steve understands that every market has its own cultures, challenges and rewards.
What will this event cover?
- Learn about the benefits of exporting to achieve business growth
- Understanding the key challenges associated with overseas markets
- How can you cost-effectively get into a market
- Find out how to overcome common pitfalls and barriers
- Explore the essential planning and processes required to export
- Discover how you can plan the cost-effective methods to get into a market
- Network with like-minded women-led businesses on the same journey as you
Who is this event best-suited for?
Are you a high-growth London business looking to take your business into global markets with game-changing export insights, strategies and support? - If yes, this event is for you!
- Registered business in London
- A small or medium sized business with high-growth potential
Places will be allocated based on those businesses most aligned with this suitability criteria.
Please note: This event is being held virtually, you will receive joining instructions on completion of a successful application.
Date: Thursday, 11 November 2021
Time: 10:00 - 14:00
Location: Virtual Event
To secure your place for Thursday, 11 November 2021 simply click the Express Interest Here button at the end of this page.
Only 40 places are available for this event and it is FREE to attend.
Places are limited to 2 delegates per company.
Your application will be assessed based on the suitability criteria above.
Due to high demand, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The Breaking Barriers Workshop Series
Our Breaking Barriers Series offers four free bespoke workshops, designed to help your female-led business reach the next level of growth. Learn more about our upcoming events and register your interest below:
1. Determine Your Business Value: Access to Finance and Investment - Tuesday, 19 October 2021. Learn more and apply here >
2. Effective Leadership: Inspiring Teams to Deliver High-Growth - Wednesday, 20 October 2021. Learn more and apply here >
3. Roadmap to Finance: Leverage Your Grant Funding Process - Wednesday, 27 October 2021. Learn more and apply here >
4. Strategic Growth Through Effective Supply Chain Management - Tuesday, 2 November 2021. Learn more and apply here >
5. Exporting Unpacked: Embrace New Global Opportunities - Thursday, 11 November 2021. Learn more and apply here >
6. Build a Dynamic Team: Develop Your People, Talent and Skills - Tuesday, 23 November 2021. Learn more and apply here >
Have a question about the event? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Well organised and a good size of group. There was a good level of learnings and hands-on application."
Breaking Barriers Series 2018 Attendee
About the Fuelling Ambition Programme
With sustainable economic growth so difficult to secure, ensuring that women realise their full business potential is critical to the UK economy. Newable is the champion of business growth. We strive to generate positive social impact through the promotion of inclusive economic activity.
The Fuelling Ambition programme launched in 2018, is designed to help women in business tackle these barriers and help them realise the commercial potential of their businesses.
How can Fuelling Ambition help you?
- Support: Break-through your business barriers to grow and scale
- Events: Free workshops, training and conferences
- Networking: Connect with like-minded women-led businesses and founders
- Mentoring: Helping businesses get going, stay on track and realise their potential
- Bespoke one-to-one support: A highly experienced team of business specialists will be on hand to answer your questions
Visit our events page to view all the Breaking Barriers events