Business Basics for Small Businesses - London Business Accelerator
About This Event
Delivered by Bayes Business School (formerly Cass), the new London Business Accelerator programme invites London entrepreneurs and small businesses to accelerate growth.
Supported by the Mayor of London, this brand new two-month programme of free virtual events offers 30 London entrepreneurs the opportunity to unleash their leadership potential, boost productivity and take their small business to the next level.
This programme is designed for small businesses with a turnover between £25-£50k per annum, who will benefit from access to industry experts and practical insights into running a successful business.
Bayes Business School is among the global elite of business schools that hold the gold standard of 'triple crown' accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, and ranked one of the best business schools and programmes in the UK and Europe (Financial Times European Business School ranking 2020).
Why should you join the London Business Accelerator programme?
London Business Accelerator aims to support early-stage entrepreneurs, to ensure that they understand the core pillars of business and where to look for support to address any future challenges and growth objectives.
It is a targeted development programme centred on the key challenges of raising investment; innovation; building and sustaining high-performance teams; and digital transformation. Using an online learning platform, businesses can also share their experiences, successes, challenges and insights with like-minded London entrepreneurs.
The programme culminates with a tailored growth plan for each business to help leaders understand the new go-to-market models they should be migrating to.
What are the programme dates?
The London Business Accelerator programme will be delivered over two months, consisting of six modules held virtually.
Each masterclass day will include 4 hours of content, with time for introductions and questions at the beginning and end, and a 90-minute break.
Please ensure you are available for the following dates before applying:
- Welcome to the Programme & Attendee Introductions
Thursday 26 May 2022, 09:00 - 10:00
- Module 1: Review of Business Practices
Thursday 26 May 2022, 10:00 - 15:30
- Module 2: Digital Adaptation
Monday 6 June 2022, 10:00 - 15:30 (with break)
- Module 3: Innovation
Thursday 16 June 2022, 10:00 - 15:30 (with break)
- Module 4: Investment Finance
Monday 20 June 2022, 10:00 - 15:30 (with break)
- Module 5: Leadership & Management
Wednesday 29 June 2022, 10:00 - 15:30 (with break)
- Module 6: Tailored Growth Plan
Thursday 30 June 2022, 10:00 - 15:30 (with break)
Is this right for your business?
This programme is designed for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) based in London with an ambition to grow.
The following pre-requisites qualify you for the programme:
- Your business turnover is between £25 - £50k per annum (if you are outside of this turnover range you are still able to apply but add a note to your application to state why you should be accepted - please specify your exact turnover in your application)
- You have high growth or turnaround ambitions for your business
- You are available to attend all six virtual module dates
The London Business Accelerator Programme is partly-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, as a result a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility for the programme.
Your business must:
- Be based in London
- Be registered in the UK
- Meet the SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) criteria according to the European SME definition
- Be trading for at least 12 months
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty" as of 31 December 2019. Please see the definition here
- Has not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last three fiscal years
Key dates and application stages
- Stage 1: Sunday 22 May 2022 at 00.00am - applications close
- Stage 2: Application eligibility checks
- Stage 3: Panel assessment and selection
- Stage 4: Tuesday 24 May 2022 - successful candidates will be notified
- Stage 5: Thursday 26 May 2022 - London Business Accelerator programme round 6 start date
Please fill in the online application by Sunday 22 May 2022 by 00.00am.
To apply, simply click the 'Apply Now' button on this page - the application will take about 15 minutes to complete. Be open and honest about where your business is, what you are trying to achieve and your challenges. The panel will select the successful candidates based on the quality of the answers on your application.
Please note: If your application is successful, you will be required to electronically sign a registration form to confirm your place.
Have a question about the programme? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would 100% recommend the London Business Accelerator programme - it was hugely valuable in terms of content but also the other businesses I met. My tip to other businesses would be to make sure they carve out time to actually do the pre-work, actual session and post-work. I did this as much as I could and that's where I got the most value."
- Jodie Faitakis
London Business Accelerator Participant