Food & Drink Mini Export Accelerator
Learn from industry experts how to successfully grow your Food & Drink Business overseas at this free, intensive one-day event.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) London and South East and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) are inviting you to attend this free, 12-hour event combining workshops, one-to-one support and networking opportunities.
You will hear from experts from the Department for International Trade (DIT), Irwin Mitchell LLP, the Food & Drink Federation and more
- Learn from industry experts how expand your Food & Drink business overseas
- Network with like-minded entrepreneurs, other founders, and industry professionals
- Meet 1-2-1 with DIT International Trade Adviser and get a 30-minute confidential consultation with an Irwin Mitchell expert
Topics to be covered include:
- How to grow your Food & Drink business in international markets
- Brexit Impact and Opportunities for food and drink business
- Industry 4.0: what this means and what you can do to prepare
- Protecting your IP internationally
- Researching and Complying with International Regulation
- Obtaining local approval (eg. FDA approval in USA) and labelling and standards
- Being aware of and managing product liability
- Contract law
- Selecting and Managing Agents and Distributors
- Export Paperwork
- Managing Currency Fluctuations
What is the cost?
Free to attend.
What are the eligibility criteria?
This event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your company's eligibility.
- Be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the European SME definition;
- Be based in one the regions covered by the funding ERDF Programmes*: London, Kent, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire and parts of East Sussex. Please see full details below*.
- Be registered in the UK,
- Not be "Undertaking in Difficulty". Please see the definition here.
- Have not received more than €200,000 in public funds over the last 3 fiscal years
How can you attend?
Please register your interest for this event on this page. We will assess your company's eligibility based on the information provided by you in the order form. Eligibility criteria are detailed above.
For eligible companies, places at the event will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
If your company is eligible and you are offered a place based on registration, you will be requested to sign electronically an application form before the event to secure your place.
Please note registering on this page does not automatically secure a place but only act to express interest in attending this event.
Department for International Trade London and South East Regions and ERDF reserve the right to decline applications.
All companies who have expressed an interest to attend this event will be contacted by 23 November 2018.
*This event is part funded by the following European Regional Development Fund's (ERDF's) Programmes;
- Global Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in London
- South East International Business Growth, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, and parts of East Sussex
- Get Exporting 2, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in Kent and parts of East Sussex
- Export ASEAN, aimed at small and medium-sized businesses based in parts of East Sussex, Surrey and West Sussex
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) notice:
This event is planned and delivered by Newable Limited in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As a result, a range of data points must be collected to assess your eligibility to attend this funded event. To comply with ERDF funding requirements, Newable and ERDF project delivery partners collect and store your registration data for European Commission auditing and project evaluation purposes until 2033 before all records are destroyed.
Newable will share your personal data and business information with the Department for International Trade (DIT). Information regarding the use and processing of personal data by the Department for International Trade (DIT) can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade/about/personal-information-charter.
Video and/or photographs notice
Please note this event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates.
By attending this event, you agree to permit Newable Limited and the event organisers and/or partners listed above, or any third party licensed by Newable Limited, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including the internet and social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs.
Please inform the event organisers and the videographer/photographer on the event day if you do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.